The granary and cowshed at DakshinaChitra from Kuttattukulam, near Kottayam was part of a larger compound which included a cowshed, gate house and a Syrian Christian house very similar to our Pudupally house. The granary was constructed Circa 1910. The British influence is noticeable in the arched verandah which came to replace the graceful curved slated wooden screens and inside seating which were characteristic of earlier verandahs. The wooden granary which occupied the downstairs has been removed to provide exhibition space. However the upstairs with its wooden rooms and central granary remains the same.